Navegation Bar

The All Time Top

Horizontal Banner

Kyōkai no Kanata - Anime Review

Kyoukai no Kanata 

Shadows Classification:
Top 2013 entrance: 8º (TOP 2013)
All Time Top entrance: 42º (All Time Top)
Recommendation: Very entertainment! (73.25 of possible 100)
STUDIO – Kyoto Animation: 26º (Unfair Studio Ranking) with 73.25%

Blogger Note:
To my astonishment, when I went to update my Unfair Studio Ranking, I didn’t find Kyoto Animation studio! I went to search for the animes produced by that studio and besides some animes that are in my to watch list (Clannad, Clannad After Story), I never see an anime from this studio in my life with exception to 3 episodes from Free and Lucky Start that result in a dropout!

Warning this review could contain spoilers!
If the reader wasn't watched this anime, this could reduce the enjoyment!
For instance Sasuke will kill Naruto in season finale! 
See the danger of a Spoiler? Now this was a lie, only to show the power of a spoiler!
The reader was been warned!

Now Let's Get Started:

"The Youmu massacre and Glasses!"

Directed by - Taichi Ishidate
Studio – Kyoto Animation
Year - 2013
Season 1 / 12 episodes

The Opening

A very enjoyable and calm song, with a awesome artwork. The opening (especially the artwork) is only functional after watching a  couple episodes from the series, to be a great opening for me it has also to work as a trailer but in that field it fails!
Bellow I present the video:
(Kyoukai no Kanata - opening)

Last Spoiler Warning!

Analysis

A start (minor spoiler alert – watch the first 4 minutes) at the level of Angel Beats with a mortal stabbing to a normal human! But as we learn is not an ordinary human.

Kyoukai no Kanata presents a very enjoyable world (with great artwork) were there are boring humans, demons (called Youmu) and were are demons are hunters that go by the name of Spirit World Warrior.

This hunter society job is murder Youmu in defense of our society and to maintain the peace (besides they never show an Youmu hurt a human). After the murdering the Youmu are transformed in stone and they can sell it, in a market for a price depending of the Youmu ranking!

And this is one of the most annoying facts of this show for me, no more explanation is giving about his marker and this constants missing explanation of some facts, for me hurt the show a little bit!

The series can be split in two arcs with a filler episode in the middle (a filler in a 12 episodes show, sincerely I don’t understand). The first arc is the start of the romance and the world is presented with great level. The second arc is a total episode sunk with 2 or 3 plots twist and with the aggravating of some unexplained phenomenas.

The characters suffer from a total absence of development (with exception of Mirai and Akihito). I reach to the final episode without knowing the origin or a simple name identifier of some characters!
To end this show could be great unfortunately they Screw UP!

?Future Seasons?

I would like to see a new season, but under certain conditions, to explain the stuff that annoying stays unexplained during all the 12 episodes of Kyoukai no Kanata.

The points I would required a deeper explanation are the follow:
·        What happened to the World Warrior Society.
·        The World Warrior Society clans, members and origins!
·        The Youmu stone dark market
·        The story of Akihito Kanbara mom and his half Youmu origin!

If a new season cover this points, I would enjoy and much probably give a top 20 classification in the All Time Top.

Final Conclusions

I want to say a few words about Kyoto Animation Studio, after watch this show and 3 episodes of Free, this studio presents a good animation team but in term of story writing it SUCKS!! A very inconstant flow in history, starts to be a mark of this studio that I hope they correct in future animes!

*Watched by me in 2014 - originally released in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment